Today is the first day of summer! That means lots of fresh fruits and veggies to help boost your energy and health. Wake up your taste buds with this fresh salsa recipe – super simple and super tasty!
From the Heart Recipes – Fresh Salsa
- 1 lb. fresh ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded, deveined, and minced,
- (may substitute) ¼ cayenne pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp fresh basil, minced
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Delicious as is, but even better if you let it rest for an hour or so to allow the flavor to develop. Enjoy!